doTERRA - Simple changes

12 February 2018


Here is another reason I'm in love with my doTERRA oils!
The endless opportunities to simplify my personal care products with natural...'no nasties'... essential oils based DIY alternatives.


I've had a lifetime of sensitivities to everything known to man.... my search for products has come at huge expense over the years and I have a mountain of barely used products to prove it.
So I tread carefully and slowly when it comes to changing anything in my routine.

Last week I grew tired of adding a drop of Frankincense to each application of face cream...it felt messy and more time consuming than it needed to be....so I created a little ready made pot.
The Frankincense has been amazing for my skin.... I doubt its ever felt as soft and healthy.. fine lines? (I'm hopeful)


DIY RECIPES /HACKS

Face Cream-

I decanted my usual facecream (la-roche-posay) into a salve jar. For each loaded teaspoon I added a drop of Frankincense and then when it was full I mixed it well. 

Body Cream - 

The same mix as above but with a blend of oils for the fragrance. I used Balance but Citrus Bliss will be my next batch for sure.

Toothpaste-


5 tablespoons of baking soda
1/2 teaspoons sea salt
1/4 cup coconut oil 
2 teaspoons Xylitol
1 - 4 drops of Peppermint EO
1-4 drops of Oregano EO

Melt the coconut oil and add the other ingredients ... mix until you have a smooth paste. Spoon into a jar and label. 
(I halved the recipe as a tester and it does clean nicely. I am not a huge fan of the flavour but perhaps should add more peppermint. Being prone to sensitivity I'm cautious about how Ill go long term...so Ill report back on that one.)


I purchased the little salve jars online .... ( as well as rollerbottles..spray bottles and foaming bottles)
There are a few places that stock them but these were the ones recommended to me...

Aroma Tools
Aroma Bottles
Centaur Packaging

You will find a wealth of DIY recipes on the DoTERRA site HERE
I also LOVE Pinterest for DIY ideas.

I would absolutely love to hear of any recipes...suggestions or DIYS.... the more we share the better.

Post a Comment